We regret that we are unable to offer registered Landlords advice where they have a problem with a tenant. we value our registered Landlords but are primarily a student service and we offer advice to students only. The information below provides details of where you can receive legal advice and support as a Landlord.

National Landlords Association (NLA)

They say

"The NLA is the leading association for private residential landlords in the UK.

  • We help landlords make a success of their lettings by offering ongoing support to deal with landlord related matters.
  • We represent members' views and interests at local, national and European level.
  • We provide access to an exclusive range of discounted products and services to member landlords."

For more information on becoming a member and the benefits of doing so, click here.

Residential Landlords Association (RLA)

They say:

"Being a member of the RLA will not only mean you are a part of a growing group of over 10,000+ landlords throughout England and Wales, but will help ensure you are kept up to date on ever-changing legislation and also that your voice is heard by central and local government. As a member, you will also be able to speak to the membership via the RLA Member's Forum, the UK's largest landlord association discussion forums."

For more information on becoming a member and the benefits of doing so, click here.

The UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership (UKLAP)

(also known as London Landlord Accreditation Scheme, LLAS)

They say:

"The UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership (UKLAP) will provide you with the necessary skills to run a successful business. A partnership of landlord organisations, London Councils and university accommodation units have worked together to set up a development programme which will provide you with the information necessary to improve your business. Irrespective of whether you are new to the business or are already running a successful portfolio, to be accredited under the UKLAP will assist your business and give you access to many useful services and benefits."

Click here for more information.

Law Centres and Citizens Advice

Some Law Centres and Citizens' Advice Bureaus (CABs) will be able to give free legal advice to landlords relating to housing issues. Click to find your nearest Law Centre or CAB.

Other options

Local Authorities

Some local authorities hold regular landlord forums. In addition, local authorities can give advice to landlords on what is required of them in terms of property safety and condition and Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs.) Often these requirements vary from borough to borough so landlords will need to make contact with the local authority which governs the area their properties are located in.

Click on the relevant area of the map below to be directed to the local authority website:

Landlord online forums

There are several landlord forums available online where landlords can find useful information and make contact with others for assistance and advice. One of the most popular is landlord Zone.


It may be necessary for some Landlords to seek advice from a solicitor. if you are looking for advice as a Landlord then it is best to instruct a solicitor with expertise in Landlord and Tenant Law. You can find a solicitor from the Law Society's website and specify that you are looking for a solicitor with experience in this area.